A MIND AT PLAY
Happy Friday the 13th! Today I was lucky enough to be quoted in an article in the Toronto Star, and I participated in a discussion of superstition on BBC 5. If the audio of the interview becomes available, I will link to it here. In the meantime, here is a link to the Toronto Star article, “Superstitions Are a Control Issue.”
My latest Behavior & Belief column for Skeptical Inquirer, “How Not to Combat Obesity,” is up on the website. In this column, I investigate a USDA web page that once had some very useful information about the nutritional value of food purchased or consumed away from home. I think you will find the story interesting. A week after the column went up, new information came to light, so I appended a brief final chapter to the story.
That’s it for Friday the 13th. Have a wonderful weekend!
- Going Broke 2 & Changelings
- RBG, Experts, & Another Mass Shooting
- William James and the Psychics
- Superstitious Rituals & French Statistics
- Dan Q. Posin & more
- Friday the 13th Roundup
- The Doors, Las Vegas, and a Friday the 13th Preview
- Probability and the Immunity Dog
- P-hacker Confessions: Daryl Bem & Me